7th Framework Programme
The 7th Research Framework Programme (FP7) is the EU's main instrument for funding research in Europe. The budget of the FP7 amounts to more than 50 billion Euros over a total of seven years (2007-2013). Funding is given to transnational Joint Research Projects in 10 different research areas, but also individual scientists through the programmes ERC and Marie-Curie as well as to research facilities and to small or medium-sized companies through the programme Capacities.
Information particular to FVB scientists:
EU Newsletter can be found on:
- European Liaison Office of the German Research Organisations (KOWI)
- EU Newsletter of the Federal Ministry for Edcuation and Research
Application Process and Project Realisation - Useful links to Cordis:
- Cordis: Official Portal of the 7th Framework Programme
- Call for proposals: Calls and application forms, information on the workprogrammes, guideline for applications and other documents
- Electronic Proposal Submission Service (EPSS): Portal (exclusively) for electronic submission of applications
- Partner service database: Search and offer of partners for EU projects
- Partner Search NMP: Partner Search for the open NMP calls
- Partner Search ICT: Partner Search for the open ICT calls
- Registration of Experts: Access to the FP7 expert database of the EU, which allows every scientist to register on-line to potentially be an expert. This is highly recommended as it does not only allow you to network but also to learn how to write a successful proposal!!!
- R&D Newsroom: Up-to-date research outcome and news about projects, events, etc. of the FP7
- All EU Projects: Access to the project database of the EU, in which all projects ever funded during all EU framework programmes are listed.
General information on the EU:
- Directorate General for Research of the European Commission
- R&D Conferences, News, Information Centre
- EU Council Presidency