The Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (FVB) represents eight research institutes of natural sciences, life sciences and environmental sciences in Berlin, which pursue common interests within the framework of a single legal entity while maintaining their scientific autonomy. As research institutions of supra-regional importance and national interest regarding science policy, the institutes are financed within the bounds of the joint research funding by the federal and state governments in accordance with article 91 b of the Basic Law. The institutes share an administrative infrastructure (“joint administration”) and are members of the Leibniz Association.
The Institutes of the Forschungsverbund
- Ferdinand-Braun-Institut, Leibniz-Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik (FBH)
- Leibniz-Institut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP)
- Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB)
- Leibniz Institute for Crystal Growth (IKZ)
- Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research (IZW)
- Max Born Institute for Nonlinear Optics and Short Pulse Spectroscopy (MBI)
- Paul Drude Institute for Solid State Electronics (PDI)
- Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS),
Leibniz Institute in Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V.
About 1.900 employees, undergraduate and graduate students as well as visiting scientists work within the research association. The institute directors and other senior scientists are professors at the universities of Berlin/Brandenburg thus ensuring a close connection to teaching and research in higher education. Since January 2010 the research association also carries out administrative services in the areas of personnel and finance for the Museum für Naturkunde (Museum of Natural History) Berlin.
For more information on this topic go to:
|Dr. Manuela Urban
Phone: +49-30-6392 3331
Phone: +49-30-6392 3330
Science and Administration Advisor
Phone: +49-30-6392 3332